As the name suggests, a dental assistant is a person who assists the dentist perform various dental care procedures. However, the nature of work is not only restricted to assisting the dentist but also involves other varied duties that include patient care, laboratory work, and office work. It is one of the lucrative job options available in medical jobs. With a huge amount of job applications piling up for this profile, it is difficult for the employers to hire a person by only studying and reviewing the qualification and experience of the applicant. Of course, qualifications and experience are hands down the two biggest deciding factors at the time of recruiting. However, the employers need a very good reason or rather the applicant needs a very good reason to prove that he/she is a deserving candidate for the job position. You need that one essential aspect to stand out in your resume and strike the person reading it; and that one very important aspect is the ‘objective’, your career objective or your objective of applying for the particular job. On that note, this article provides you with a dental assistant resume sample.
Given below are a few of the objectives that you could use as writing tips to create your own objectives.
- ‘To utilize my knowledge and skills in dental care by working in an excellent health care center that is known in providing efficient services to people.’
- ‘Seeking excellence in this field by working as an assistant in an esteemed health care center.’
- ‘Looking for an opportunity to work with a health care center where the best of my skills can be utilized.’
- ‘To explore the world of dental care by learning new dimensions of the field by working in a reputed health care center.’
- ‘Looking for an opportunity to work with a dental care center where all my knowledge, skills, and experience can be used to the fullest and where I get to learn more about dental care.’
Given below is a sample; the format of which can be used for your own resume if you are looking to apply for this post.
5678 Malory Drive
Seeking a secure and challenging environment where I can effectively utilize all my knowledge and skill in the field of dental care.
- Extensive experience in assisting in dental procedures such as preparing patients and sterilizing and preparing the instruments and materials used in dental procedures, handing the dentist the right instruments and taking x-rays and impressions.
- Efficient in performing various dental office duties such as scheduling appointments for patients, billing, keeping records of the treatment, receiving payments, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Dentistry (May 2004)
- Diploma in Dental Assistance from Dental Assistant Training School, Boston (June 2004 – July 2005)
- Cleared Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam (July 2005)
Dental Assistant, Care Dental Associates, Boston (August 2005 – Present). Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Promptly follow the instructions of the dentist and perform various dental procedures
- Order and stock supplies of instruments and medication
- Prepare dental materials, such as composite, cements, impression material, amalgam, etc.
- Assist patients by instructing about oral hygiene and other plaque control techniques
- Fix appointments and maintain treatment records
- Perform laboratory procedures, maintain dental equipment and develop dental x-rays
I hope after having looked at the sample, you don’t find resume writing to be a daunting job. An important point to remember is never to miss out on the skills to put on a resume, because that is what defines you and your professional excellence. If you are wondering about the salary; then it entirely depends on the policy of the organization and the qualification and experience of the candidate.